Atola TaskForce is a high-speed evidence acquisition tool capable of working with both good and damaged media, developed specifically for forensic use.
It supports SAS, SATA, USB and IDE drives via 18 ports, and other storage devices via Thunderbolt, Apple PCIe, and M.2 SSD extension modules.
TaskForce can be operated either in standalone mode or by multiple users from any number of devices within the same local network.
The system consists of TaskForce hardware unit and software accessible in Google Chrome browser.
TaskForce Web API enables automation of forensic acquisition and start of artifact analysis by software like Magnet AXIOM, X-Ways, Autopsy, etc.
All 18 ports of the hardware unit can be used as either a source or a target thanks to the Source switch. In Source mode, write protection is enabled.
The 18 ports include:
- 6 SATA
- 6 SATA/SAS
- 4 USB
- Extension slot (for Atola Thunderbolt, Apple PCIe SSD and M.2 NVMe/PCIe/SATA SSD extension modules).
12+ simultaneous imaging sessions
Atola TaskForce combines vast multi-tasking capabilities with the fastest imaging engine in the forensic market.
Its server-class hardware enables launching and managing 12 or even more parallel image acquisition processes.
- 15 TB/hour cumulative speed of imaging
- Imaging up to 5 targets
- Source/target switch on all ports
- Write protection in Source mode on all ports
- 2 x 10Gb Ethernet ports
- Forensic imaging to E01 and RAW files
Damaged drive support
Hard drives with physical damage and problematic solid-state drives require a quite complex imaging approach. Atola TaskForce's imaging engine is designed to achieve the best results getting as much data as possible. It includes the following features:
- Imaging data from good heads only
- Imaging freezing drives
- Imaging drives with surface scratches and firmware issues
- In-depth drive diagnostics
- Current sensor on all SATA, SAS/SATA, IDE ports
- Automatic overcurrent and short-circuit protection
TaskForce hardware comes equipped with full circuit protection that prevents a malfunctioning storage device attached to the unit causing damage to the system or to the storage device itself.
Multi-user access from any device
User interface is highly intuitive, task-oriented and is designed to facilitate work with evidence for investigators with different levels of technical proficiency.
UI features are:
- Manage via Chrome browser
- Simultaneous work of multiple users
- Launch of any operation within 2-5 clicks
- Highly intuitive task-oriented user interface
Three ways to manage TaskForce
1. 10Gb Ethernet network
TaskForce allows access from any device within the same local network by entering the IP address in Google Chrome. To simplify connectivity, the hardware unit displays the IP address on the small screen in the front panel.
2. Standalone mode
The system has a compact size (see Hardware specs) combined with standalone mode. Beautiful built-in TaskForce touch screen always works with no need to have other computers involved.
3. Remote Wi-Fi connection
TaskForce includes built-in Wi-Fi access point for easy connection. It is disabled by default. If one enables WiFi, it sets up a secure network available for remote control via laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- HPA & DCO control and recovery
- Hash calculation: MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA512
- Automatic report generation
- Case management system
- S.M.A.R.T. view
We stand behind our product and we strive to offer the best warranty terms in the industry. No matter how old your system is, it is covered by our Lifetime warranty, for as long as your software update subscription is active.
Ports, indicators & switches
- 6 SATA
- 6 SATA/SAS
- 4 USB
- Extension slot (for Atola Thunderbolt, Apple PCIe SSD and M.2 SSD extension modules)
The second indicator is located on the front panel, its blinking reflects busy/idle status of the attached device.
- Source/target switch on each of 18 ports enabling write protection in source mode.
- LED indicators: two indicators for each of 18 ports. One indicator is located next to the port’s source/target switch and lights up when source mode is enabled.
- Two 10Gb Ethernet ports
- Other ports: Serial RS232, IDE power, VGA, RS-232, DC IN 24V
- Supported hard drive interfaces: SATA I/II/III, SAS3 (12Gb), USB 2.0/3.0, IDE
- Power switch
- Flash card support via card reader attached to any USB port
Main display: Microsoft Surface Pro 4
- Screen: 12.3" PixelSense Display
- Resolution: 2736 x 1824 (267 PPI)
- Touch: 10 point multi-touch
IP display: OLED (20x2 characters)
Physical / Environmental
- Dimensions (including screen): 12x10x3 inches (30x25x7,5 cm)
- Weight (including screen): 4.5 lbs (2.5 kg)
- TaskForce working temperature range: 0°C – 40°C (32°F – 104°F)
- Screen working temperature range: 0° – 35°C (32° – 95°F)
- Power consumption: 60 Watt average, 280 Watt peak
- Supply Voltage: 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- Internal OS: Linux running a custom kernel
- Control interface: web-based TaskForce application
- Detachable 250 GB SSD for internal case management database
- WiFi 802.11n 150 Mb/s adapter in access point mode for easy connectivity
DataExpert Singapore is proud to be the sole exclusive reseller for Atola TaskForce in Singapore.
- for a price quote
- for more information