Mandet Forensic Image and Video Authentication
With all the cameras and recorders nowadays, it is hard to determine the source of a media file. “Where did it come from?” and “Has it been manipulated?” are two very important questions when it comes to media files as evidence in court. Especially because media manipulation is made very easy with all the different (free) tools available on the market. Determining where the file originated from and if it has been altered often is a time consuming and hard job. However, it is a very important one and it should be done!
With Mandet we have made a software package which will give you the tools necessary to perform this job. We have tried integrating the scientific methods for media authentication in such a way that it is easy to understand. With the extensive help functionality, where the filters and operations are explained, we have made Mandet a toolbox easy to use.
1. Extensive audit trail
- Everything an operator does is logged. This makes it possible to reproduct results and your result is forensically sound
2. Help Function
- This function provides infor- mation about all the filters and operations in Mandet. Also references to the scien- tific substantiation are in- cluded in this function.
3. Digests both Images and Video
- Mandet digest both images and videos. It provides an extensive input engine which combines the power of multiple video engines for great support of video for- mats.
4. Modern and user-friendly interface
- Our interface is intuitive and easy to learn. The combination of mul- tiple views (Visual, Hexadecimal and Metadata) helps to get a complete impression of the file.
5. Available in multiple languages
-Mandet is currently available in Chinese, Dutch, English and German. New lan- guages can be added very easily.
6. Compare documents
-Mandet provides the option to compare files. Also filter result can be compared.